« Home | I want to be like Jared from The Pretender. Then ... » | I am adding a new feature to my blog... Why I Hat... » | “Thinking he knows can be a trap. An ex-professor ... » | Japan should not renounce the Murayama statement, ... » | My mood today: "Sometimes I wonder about my life.... » | The back story to this post is somewhat lengthy, b... » | I love the TV show Bones...it's one of the few sho... » | So prostitutes in Australia are offering a discoun... » | I am back... I am in America now so the focus of t... » | I haven't posted in ages but I thought I would say... »

I absolutely love the following exchange from Sports Night...in fact I'm a bit obsessed with it...I really need to get these DVDs...why do they cancel the witty shows?

Casey McCall: Didn't you used to care about these things?
Dan Rydell: Yes.
Casey McCall: And it wasn't that long ago that you did.
Dan Rydell: No.
Casey McCall: I mean, it was like yesterday.
Dan Rydell: Right.
Casey McCall: Now, when I say "yesterday, " I'm not speaking metaphorically. I mean it was *yesterday*. What happened to your values?
Dan Rydell: I find maintaining them is a lot of work. I take a day off every now and then.
Casey McCall: You take a vacation from doing the right thing?
Dan Rydell: Yeah. I don't loot storefronts or anything, but once in a while, I consider the effort it takes to diligently adhere to a moral compass. I take myself out of the lineup and I rest up for the next game.
Casey McCall: I swear, you could run for Congress and win.

Links to this post

Create a Link