« Home | I haven't posted in ages but I thought I would say... » | Conservative's Book on Supreme Court Is a Bestsell... » | With the upcoming general election here in the UK,... » | The Seven Deadly Sins of the Press: - Co... » | Thanks to Robert Novak for bringing this to my att... » | I'm sure everyone has heard this by now: Presiden... » | Putin sets up youth brigade to tighten grip In the... » | Ok, I can't let this story go by unnoticed. The BB... » | I'm too busy to really post right now so this will... » | First of all, let me unequivocally state that I am... »

I am back... I am in America now so the focus of the blog will shift slightly...but I am still posting random things I like... such as this quotation:

“Just because something bears the aspect of the inevitable one should not, therefore, go along willingly with it.” (Phillip K. Dick)

This is why I don't get it when people suggest that we should do things because sooner or later it's going to happen anyway. You can't know that for sure, and even if that thing does wind up happening, the point of life is not to sail through it smoothly. Sometimes you have to fight. Sometimes you can't keep your mouth shut when it might be prudent to do so. You can't back down from a challenge because you will "probably" fail. You have to take the field and do your best.

Links to this post

Create a Link