« Home | With the upcoming general election here in the UK,... » | The Seven Deadly Sins of the Press: - Co... » | Thanks to Robert Novak for bringing this to my att... » | I'm sure everyone has heard this by now: Presiden... » | Putin sets up youth brigade to tighten grip In the... » | Ok, I can't let this story go by unnoticed. The BB... » | I'm too busy to really post right now so this will... » | First of all, let me unequivocally state that I am... » | I have always said that British children were ill ... » | More on religion, this bears repeating and I can't... »

Conservative's Book on Supreme Court Is a Bestseller

That's the Washington Post headline about Mark Levin's new book, Men in Black: How the Supreme Court is Destroying America, which unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to read because I'm still in England and its not available here but I plan to read it as soon as possible. So I can't speak as to the exact content or style of the book but I like the concept and was happy to see the Post giving the book some attention, until I read the article. Here are some of the highlights:


Yet this publishing phenomenon has gone almost completely unnoticed outside conservative circles.

"The fascinating thing is that it's a bestseller on a subject where 100 percent of us who present ourselves as experts haven't read it," said David Garrow, a law professor at Emory University who has written widely on Supreme Court history.

Mark Tushnet, a liberal law professor at Georgetown University who clerked for the late Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, said he has watched the rise of Levin's book with some bemusement.

Tushnet said he has not read "Men in Black" and does not know anyone who has.

Does that last line remind anyone else of what liberals said after the 2000 election? That they didn't know anyone who had voted for GW? Haven't they learned anything in the past five years?

Links to this post

Create a Link