« Home | More on religion, this bears repeating and I can't... » | Msgr. Luigi Giussani, the founder of the Communion... » | Word of the Day: BLOGOTRY Its a new word meaning... » | I hate the UN. For a lot of reasons, and as usual ... » | NO! NO! NO! He cannot do this. He just can't. W... » | There is a story in the London Times today about a... » | The British magazine the Spectator has an interest... » | Latest British outrage: BRITAIN'S le... » | Now I knew when I moved to England that there were... » | I think I just may have a new favourite member of ... »

I have always said that British children were ill behaved, even more so than kids in other countries particularly in the US. The ADD craze has now spread to this side of the Atlantic and kids are getting away with more than ever.

First of all, I'm not even sure that I believe its a real thing. And even if it is, it can't be as pervasive as recent trends suggest. But that is not the issue here, what strikes me as particularly wrong is the fact that British families can apparently claim money from the government if a child has ADD or its hyper-active cousin ADHD because its a disability. Tell me welfare isn't out of control; there have to be limits somewhere. Right?

Links to this post

Create a Link