« Home | NO! NO! NO! He cannot do this. He just can't. W... » | There is a story in the London Times today about a... » | The British magazine the Spectator has an interest... » | Latest British outrage: BRITAIN'S le... » | Now I knew when I moved to England that there were... » | I think I just may have a new favourite member of ... » | More on the Ukraine. Charles Krauthammer has wr... » | The situation is the Ukraine is intense and I hope... » | ok, here i go on my very first post... it has ... »

I hate the UN. For a lot of reasons, and as usual someone else has expressed part of my disdane in an entertaining and inciteful manner. Mark Steyn has a new piece in the Telegraph that does a good job of explaining at least part of why it is a bad organization. He begins:

It's a good basic axiom that if you take a quart of ice-cream and a quart of dog faeces and mix 'em together the result will taste more like the latter than the former. That's the problem with the UN. If you make the free nations and the thug states members of the same club, the danger isn't that they'll meet each other half-way but that the free world winds up going three-quarters, seven-eighths of the way.
Excellent point and I am glad Mr Steyn is writing once again.

Links to this post

Create a Link