« Home | More on the Ukraine. Charles Krauthammer has wr... » | The situation is the Ukraine is intense and I hope... » | ok, here i go on my very first post... it has ... »

I think I just may have a new favourite member of the Senate.

President Bush reached out to the famously contentious Republican Sen.-elect Tom Coburn of Oklahoma to congratulate him on being elected and to seek his support. The response was somewhat barbed. "Tom," said the president, "I'd appreciate your help." Coburn, a conservative who often clashed with the party leadership during his six years in the House (1995-2000), replied: "Mr. President, I'll be glad to help you cut spending." Like other conservatives, Coburn is unhappy with the increase in federal outlays during Republican control of both the presidency and Congress.

(Story courtesy of Robert Novak)

Links to this post

Create a Link